If you’ve ever suffered from a heel spur, then you know it’s not something to take lightly. In fact, heel spurs tend to be very painful and can easily take you off your running game. The good news is that with the best sneakers, you don’t have to worry about not being able to run. Today, thanks to shoe technology, there are sneakers that have been designed to help anyone with heel spurs get back on track.
It’s nice to note that not all sneakers are designed for heel spurs. A wrong choice in a sneaker can do you more harm than good. Heel spur sneakers are designed to provide support on the exact part of the foot. This way, you are able to run without experiencing the pain. To ensure you make the right buying decision, we have reviewed some of the best sneakers for heel spurs that you can get in the market today.
Saucony Women’s Guide 10 Sneakers
Among the reasons why most people love Saucony shoes is because they have incredibly supportive footwear. This makes it a must-have for anyone that is suffering from heel spurs but also want a running sneaker. This shoe incorporates support, comfort, and stability.
- Saucony’s utilization of the EVERRUN technology for light stability and support guarantees that you get support even on your back as you run.
- The use of lightweight materials and mesh panel in the shoe construction means the shoe is breathable and your feet remain cool when running.
- Saucony’s Guide 10 sole is built to help with shock absorption, which in turn helps alleviate any unwanted pressure.
- The shoe build has embedded cushioning that helps deliver comfort and support from your foot’s heel to the toe.
- The shoe’s insole is designed to be replaceable which makes the shoe a lot more versatile.
- Perfect choice for those looking for a shoe that can handle various running styles.
- The Saucony Guide 10 sneakers are light compared to other brands of heel spur sneakers.
- Some customers have complained that the toe box and the general fit for the shoe are rather small.
The ASICS Gel Kayano 22 Sneakers
When it comes to the leading sneakers brand, ASICS ranks high on that list. They have a wide range of sneakers for various needs, and the ASICS Gel Kayano 22 ranks high when it comes to the best sneakers for heel spurs.
- The ASICS Gel Kayano 22 is a good choice for those suffering from heel spurs as well as other foot-related problems.
- The cushioning incorporated in the shoe is extremely comfortable
- Designed for runners with flexible arches as the midsole works to provide stability to the rear areas of your foot.
- Excellent grip enhancement thanks to the textured outsole.
- It has a firm fit
- This shoe delivers a soft and comfortable transition from your heel to your toe thanks to the FluidRide technology that has been used in the making of the shoe.
- The ASICS Gel Kayano 22 has a strong, stable, and comfortable heel which is as a result of the High Brasion Rubber used in its construction.
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Helps ease a runner’s speed and is designed with shock absorption
- Excellent choice for various terrains as the shoe is responsive, adaptive and reliable.
- The shoe’s fit can be a little too snugly with the inside being somewhat uncomfortable
Brooks Adrenaline Sneakers
If you are looking for a brand that has a shoe for every need, you cannot go wrong with Brooks. In fact, the Adrenaline sneakers are one of the best sneakers that you can get for a loved one suffering from heel spurs as they also support one’s knee.
- The shoes are durable and can last you several years thanks to its high-quality material.
- Features a bilateral guide rail that helps ensure that your heel is in place and the knee is stabilized to prevent any incorrect movement or slippage.
- Brooks’ cushioning technology provides a soft landing for your heel and acts as a shock absorber for the knee.
- This sneaker from Brooks helps deliver a soft ride without compromising on durability and support thanks to the use of Brooks’ DNA cushioning technology.
- The shoe construction blends both support and comfort that goes beyond the spurs.
- Lightweight shoes that still deliver the much-needed support for your whole foot while being less hostile to the ankle.
- The crashpads are designed to provide more bounce and a smooth transition from your heel to toe
- The shoe tends to have runs that are somewhat large.
Hoka One One Sneakers
This Hoka One One sneaker is designed to provide runners with speed, comfort, protection, stability, and grip. In addition, it’s also well-cushioned, making it one of the best-cushioned sneakers from the Hoka brand.
- The cushioning for this shoe adds to its height which leaves you feeling a little taller than normal while still providing the protection you need.
- This Hoka One One sneaker has a reliable grip that is consistent. It also delivers a smooth ride for runners.
- Features a durable outsole that provides the shoe with excellent grip both inside and out making it a good shoe choice for both road and trail runs.
- The shoe’s cushioning is made from EVA foam which allows your feet to comfortably wrap around the inside.
- If you’re a runner looking for comfort and don’t mind the price, then this is the perfect heel spur sneaker for you.
- It’s a sneaker that always tops the list when it comes to best sneakers for heel spurs.
- The shoe is constructed from breathable material making it comfortable to run in while the height is perfect for providing all-round stability.
- Its rocker design makes the sneaker comfortable, enabling it to deliver a smooth ride especially for those suffering from heel spur.
- Not suitable for everyone because it’s a platform shoe
New Balance Sneakers
Another top-ranking sneaker brand is New Balance. This happens to be the most cushioned sneaker from New Balance. It’s cushioning allows runners suffering from heel spurs to be protected from pain.
- The ENCAP technology used in the shoe’s construction helps ensure that your heel stays in place even when running in high-pressure level terrains.
- Feet that will remain cool and dry during your runs and workouts thanks to the breathable materials.
- Durability guaranteed.
- Has an embedded traction which makes it ideal for running in various terrains.
- This shoe delivers on both comfort and supports thanks to the use of the double density collar foam.
- Higher grip level.
- This shoe is excellent in the delivery of stability, support, and comfort for runners.
- The shoe is somewhat heavy which makes it less suitable for long-distance runners.
Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 23 Sneakers
Mizuno Wave sneaker is another sneaker choice that you can consider if you have heel spurs but you want a good running shoe. Even though they may not be as big as some other brands in our review, their customer base keeps growing thanks to the fact that they use research-based technology to design their shoes.
- Features all the comfort and cushioning any runner or athlete may need.
- Its heel counter is very plush which helps provide the heel with the right amount of cushioning.
- This shoe features Mizuno’s patented Cloudwave midsole cushioning which, combined with the plastic wave plate below the arch, works to disseminate energy and create a smoother and softer footfall.
- This shoe’s cushioning has undergone some redesign making it a bit softer compared to previous models.
- Comes in different sizes and colors.
- The shoe has a rubber sole and is made from textile.
- It’s lightweight, and the upper part is made from a breathable mesh which helps control temperatures and provides unwavering performance.
- Enjoy exhilarating runs and responsiveness from the shoe thanks to the use of U4icX and U4ic technologies.
- Perfect sneaker for runners with slight under to overpronation.
- Not suitable for narrow runs.
When looking to buy a good sneaker for running, it’s important that you find a shoe that offers you comfort, support, stability. It must also be a good fit. In addition, it’s important to also factor in the type of running terrain that you use frequently. Breathability, grip, durability, protection, and cost are also important factors to bear in mind before deciding to buy a sneaker.
While heel spurs are painful, you don’t have to completely give up running. The best sneakers for heel spurs allow you to be back to your normal running routine as if nothing ever happened. Remember, there is no one shoe that works for everyone. Find the perfect shoe that will match your needs.