Anyone that has gone through a sprained ankle knows that is it important to have shoes that can prevent the occurrence of this. For a lot of us, sneakers have become our preferred go-to shoes, and nowadays, we find ourselves spending a big chunk of our time in sneakers as we find different ways to incorporate it into our wardrobe. Considering the popularity and frequency at which sneakers are worn, it is important that you are comfortable while wearing your desired sneaker and that it protects you from experiencing possible injuries.
Lower leg/ankle backing is extremely significant in footwear, especially for individuals who are on their feet for extensive stretches of time. Having the correct lower leg bolster will remove the pressure from the lower legs and different territories of the foot with the goal that you can stand and participate in other activities for longer durations throughout the day without compromising on your comfort. The numerous options of sneakers in the market have made it almost impossible to identify the best sneakers for ankle support. We’ve therefore curated a list of the sneakers that offer excellent ankle support to help you find the best sneaker for your needs.
Top Pick – ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
Asics are a household name when it comes to putting out high-quality shoes. Anyone looking to purchase a sneaker they can rely on for ample ankle support should consider the Gel Nimbus 18 running shoe from them. This is because it has one of the best cushioning systems you will come across in the market. The forefoot and rearfoot of the sneakers are fitted with a supportive gel that ensures you stay comfortable throughout. The supportive gel works to ensure body weight is distributed evenly along one’s foot for maximum comfort. Additionally, because of its rubber sole, you will benefit from shock absorption as the shock from your ankles is alleviated almost instantly.
The Gel Nimbus 18 is perfect for running and long walks, so as soon as you begin your workout, you know that your ankles are getting the best support possible. There is also a women’s version of the shoes, so the ladies won’t be missing out on the comfort.
- It incorporates Asics fluid fit tech, which ensures that the sneaker fits like a glove.
- The sneaker is extremely durable, thanks to the materials used in its construction.
- The sneaker has bounce-back tech, and it is also quite breathable.
- The insole has an extra cushioning.
- Several customers have complained that the inner fabric of the shoes that covers its hard ankle plastics wears out too quickly, resulting in blisters.
Easy Spirit Women’s Romy Sneaker
Available in several different colors, the Romy sneaker by easy spirit is yet another great sneaker for those looking to get the best ankle support. This sneaker is extremely durable as it is made out of genuine 100% leather and a rubber sole. It was one of the sneakers that held up quite well over the duration of our research. The rubber sole of the sneaker offers great traction and flexibility, making it ideal for indulging in various athletic activities such as hiking, running as well as other sports. The Romy sneaker has a padded collar, which ensures that when it is worn over a duration of time, friction is kept at a bare minimum, thus providing maximum comfort for the consumer.
Finally, it also has a cushioned sock liner which offers extra padding that ensures even distribution of pressure along the foot by minimizing additional stress off other parts of the foot.
- The shoe is extremely durable, thanks to the materials used to construct it.
- It does not have the boring “workout” sneaker design but rather a casual design that can be worn at anytime and not just during workouts.
- It includes a padded collar to minimize friction.
- It is available in several different colors.
- The comfort of the shoes is unmatched thanks to the extra padded sock liner.
- The ankle support on this shoe is rated as medium, meaning it is not ideal for individuals who may suffer from ankle or heel problems.
Under Armour Men’s Spawn Mid Basketball Sneaker
Under Armour’s Spawn sneaker is precisely what anyone looking for an ankle supporting sneaker should acquire. Particularly if you are a basketball player, then you will appreciate this shoe as it provides an added amount of support to ensure that all lateral movements while on the court are covered. The Under Armour Spawn sneaker is comfortable, practical and extremely effective as far as offering support goes. The shoe features an anatomical design and is made using synthetic and textile layers for multi-layer support. It also has a rubber sole, die cut sock liner, and midsoles made using Micro G foam. The detailing of this sneaker ensures that your comfort is not compromised at anytime, either during takeoff or landing.
- It is breathable thanks to its exposed upper mesh.
- Available in different colors, so depending on what tickles your fancy, there is something for you.
- They are extremely comfortable especially if they are being used for what they were intended for, i.e., basketball
- The shoes are slightly heavier than most sneakers.
New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v6 Running Shoe
Now, if you are big on running and jogging, then look no further than the Fresh Foam 1080v6 sneaker by new balance. This is because it offers optimum support and is particularly ideal for people who have either had a previous injury or have unstable ankles. The sneaker features a cushioned inside and a firmer outside of its midsole. Its underfoot consists of a fresh foam, which is ideal for the neutral cushioning that is necessary when running. Because of its design, your take-offs will be bouncy and your landings much smoother in comparison to other sneakers that are available in the market. Its soles are made from rubber, which just elevates the comfort that is offered by the internal booties that hug one’s foot perfectly for unrivaled comfort. Clocking serious mileage with this shoe is a walk in the park as it is durable, and has excellent airflow. The lady’s version of the shoe is also available as new balance took the time to facilitate this.
- It is lightweight, making it easy to engage in physical activities such as running.
- It is extremely breathable.
- It is available in several colors, and there is also a women’s version of the shoe.
- The shoe is neutral and does not promote or prevent supination.
- It is relatively expensive.
- Several users have complained that the plastic on the outside of the shoe occasionally makes it uncomfortable to wear.
Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe
Made from full grain leather, the Progrid Integrity ST2 sneaker by Saucony is yet another shoes that offer great ankle support. This sneaker was intended for heavy activities and features a rubber sole, padded tongue collar, walk-trac outsole, amongst other things. It is a sneaker that provides a decent amount of traction, which ensures that the wearer does not slip while engaging in different activities. It also has a rubber sole, which is made using an innovative technology that leaves no marks on the floor when the shoe is worn. The Progrid Integrity ST2 sneaker is a low rise sneaker that will facilitate the wearer’s full range of motion, all while not compromising their support.
- It is available in several neutral color options.
- It is made out of leather, meaning that it is extremely durable.
- The bottom of the shoe has an anti-slip grip to prevent accidents from happening.
- It has a curve at the bottom of the shoe that is supposed to better one’s form while they walk.
- The insoles of the sneakers are extremely thin and flimsy.
When engaging in different outdoor activities or even if it is just for casual wear, it is significant to always have a sneaker that is comfortable. This is because, in the event that the sneaker does not provide the comfort that is should, at that point, all the advantages it gives will be futile. Having a tennis shoe that gives the correct kind of ankle backing can go far in improving your life as well as state of being. It is, therefore, crucial that you ensure you realize what sort of ankle backing/ support works best for you. When choosing a sneaker for ankle support, the key elements that you need to pay attention to include; its traction, fit, stability, and degree of support. This will allow that you get the right sneaker that will promote your comfort and ensure that you avoid acquiring a new injury or aggravating an existing one. All the sneakers we have discussed in the article above meet different degrees on all the required elements, and we certainly hope that you will find one that is just right for you. Remember, sneakers for ankle support are not created equally, however, if you come across a sneaker that has the correct kind of ankle backing for you, there can be numerous benefits that come with it.