G. Footwear Blog
More than a site for shoes. It is a haven for everyone looking to elevate their fashion game.
They say shoes make the man. If you are truly serious about projecting style and confidence, you will need to take this to heart. After all, the right pair of shoes can complete or ruin your look. It can also help inspire confidence and establish trust. That said, let us teach you the fundamentals of footwear.
Shoes have certainly gone a long way since they first came about. No longer are they about pure practicality. Shoes are now an element of a person’s personality, style, and status. Shoes have become an integral part of our lifestyles and our culture.
If you’ve ever suffered from a heel spur, then you know it’s not something to take lightly. In fact, heel spurs tend to be very painful and can easily take you off your running game. The good news is that with the best sneakers, you don’t have to worry about not being able to run. Today, thanks to shoe technology, there are sneakers that have been designed to help anyone with heel spurs get back on track.
It’s nice to note that not all sneakers are designed for heel spurs. A wrong choice in a sneaker can do you more harm than good. Heel spur sneakers are designed to provide support on the exact part of the foot. This way, you are able to run without experiencing the pain. To ensure you make the right buying decision, we have reviewed some of the best sneakers for heel spurs that you can get in the market today.
Saucony Women’s Guide 10 Sneakers
Among the reasons why most people love Saucony shoes is because they have incredibly supportive footwear. This makes it a must-have for anyone that is suffering from heel spurs but also want a running sneaker. This shoe incorporates support, comfort, and stability.
- Saucony’s utilization of the EVERRUN technology for light stability and support guarantees that you get support even on your back as you run.
- The use of lightweight materials and mesh panel in the shoe construction means the shoe is breathable and your feet remain cool when running.
- Saucony’s Guide 10 sole is built to help with shock absorption, which in turn helps alleviate any unwanted pressure.
- The shoe build has embedded cushioning that helps deliver comfort and support from your foot’s heel to the toe.
- The shoe’s insole is designed to be replaceable which makes the shoe a lot more versatile.
- Perfect choice for those looking for a shoe that can handle various running styles.
- The Saucony Guide 10 sneakers are light compared to other brands of heel spur sneakers.
- Some customers have complained that the toe box and the general fit for the shoe are rather small.
The ASICS Gel Kayano 22 Sneakers
When it comes to the leading sneakers brand, ASICS ranks high on that list. They have a wide range of sneakers for various needs, and the ASICS Gel Kayano 22 ranks high when it comes to the best sneakers for heel spurs.
- The ASICS Gel Kayano 22 is a good choice for those suffering from heel spurs as well as other foot-related problems.
- The cushioning incorporated in the shoe is extremely comfortable
- Designed for runners with flexible arches as the midsole works to provide stability to the rear areas of your foot.
- Excellent grip enhancement thanks to the textured outsole.
- It has a firm fit
- This shoe delivers a soft and comfortable transition from your heel to your toe thanks to the FluidRide technology that has been used in the making of the shoe.
- The ASICS Gel Kayano 22 has a strong, stable, and comfortable heel which is as a result of the High Brasion Rubber used in its construction.
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Helps ease a runner’s speed and is designed with shock absorption
- Excellent choice for various terrains as the shoe is responsive, adaptive and reliable.
- The shoe’s fit can be a little too snugly with the inside being somewhat uncomfortable
Brooks Adrenaline Sneakers
If you are looking for a brand that has a shoe for every need, you cannot go wrong with Brooks. In fact, the Adrenaline sneakers are one of the best sneakers that you can get for a loved one suffering from heel spurs as they also support one’s knee.
- The shoes are durable and can last you several years thanks to its high-quality material.
- Features a bilateral guide rail that helps ensure that your heel is in place and the knee is stabilized to prevent any incorrect movement or slippage.
- Brooks’ cushioning technology provides a soft landing for your heel and acts as a shock absorber for the knee.
- This sneaker from Brooks helps deliver a soft ride without compromising on durability and support thanks to the use of Brooks’ DNA cushioning technology.
- The shoe construction blends both support and comfort that goes beyond the spurs.
- Lightweight shoes that still deliver the much-needed support for your whole foot while being less hostile to the ankle.
- The crashpads are designed to provide more bounce and a smooth transition from your heel to toe
- The shoe tends to have runs that are somewhat large.
Hoka One One Sneakers
This Hoka One One sneaker is designed to provide runners with speed, comfort, protection, stability, and grip. In addition, it’s also well-cushioned, making it one of the best-cushioned sneakers from the Hoka brand.
- The cushioning for this shoe adds to its height which leaves you feeling a little taller than normal while still providing the protection you need.
- This Hoka One One sneaker has a reliable grip that is consistent. It also delivers a smooth ride for runners.
- Features a durable outsole that provides the shoe with excellent grip both inside and out making it a good shoe choice for both road and trail runs.
- The shoe’s cushioning is made from EVA foam which allows your feet to comfortably wrap around the inside.
- If you’re a runner looking for comfort and don’t mind the price, then this is the perfect heel spur sneaker for you.
- It’s a sneaker that always tops the list when it comes to best sneakers for heel spurs.
- The shoe is constructed from breathable material making it comfortable to run in while the height is perfect for providing all-round stability.
- Its rocker design makes the sneaker comfortable, enabling it to deliver a smooth ride especially for those suffering from heel spur.
- Not suitable for everyone because it’s a platform shoe
New Balance Sneakers
Another top-ranking sneaker brand is New Balance. This happens to be the most cushioned sneaker from New Balance. It’s cushioning allows runners suffering from heel spurs to be protected from pain.
- The ENCAP technology used in the shoe’s construction helps ensure that your heel stays in place even when running in high-pressure level terrains.
- Feet that will remain cool and dry during your runs and workouts thanks to the breathable materials.
- Durability guaranteed.
- Has an embedded traction which makes it ideal for running in various terrains.
- This shoe delivers on both comfort and supports thanks to the use of the double density collar foam.
- Higher grip level.
- This shoe is excellent in the delivery of stability, support, and comfort for runners.
- The shoe is somewhat heavy which makes it less suitable for long-distance runners.
Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 23 Sneakers
Mizuno Wave sneaker is another sneaker choice that you can consider if you have heel spurs but you want a good running shoe. Even though they may not be as big as some other brands in our review, their customer base keeps growing thanks to the fact that they use research-based technology to design their shoes.
- Features all the comfort and cushioning any runner or athlete may need.
- Its heel counter is very plush which helps provide the heel with the right amount of cushioning.
- This shoe features Mizuno’s patented Cloudwave midsole cushioning which, combined with the plastic wave plate below the arch, works to disseminate energy and create a smoother and softer footfall.
- This shoe’s cushioning has undergone some redesign making it a bit softer compared to previous models.
- Comes in different sizes and colors.
- The shoe has a rubber sole and is made from textile.
- It’s lightweight, and the upper part is made from a breathable mesh which helps control temperatures and provides unwavering performance.
- Enjoy exhilarating runs and responsiveness from the shoe thanks to the use of U4icX and U4ic technologies.
- Perfect sneaker for runners with slight under to overpronation.
- Not suitable for narrow runs.
When looking to buy a good sneaker for running, it’s important that you find a shoe that offers you comfort, support, stability. It must also be a good fit. In addition, it’s important to also factor in the type of running terrain that you use frequently. Breathability, grip, durability, protection, and cost are also important factors to bear in mind before deciding to buy a sneaker.
While heel spurs are painful, you don’t have to completely give up running. The best sneakers for heel spurs allow you to be back to your normal running routine as if nothing ever happened. Remember, there is no one shoe that works for everyone. Find the perfect shoe that will match your needs.
If you’re searching for the best sneakers for standing all day, then you’ve come to the right place. When working a job that demands you to be on your feet the whole day means you need to get a shoe that provides all the comfort and support needed. The best shoes for standing all day can help reduce joint pains, muscle, and heel aches.
It’s significant to note that not just any shoe can do the trick considering the toll that standing all day can take on not just your feet but your body as well. So, if you’ve been wearing shoes that don’t offer you the needed support, we’ve reviewed a few of the best sneakers for standing all day that one can get. Our review has been professionally researched to include shoes that are durable, comfortable, supportive, and offer the protection you need.
Nike Tanjun Sneakers
Tanjun in Japanese means simple or plain. It is because of that, that these Nike sneakers are quite simple yet provide you with the needed support and comfort for you to be on your feet the whole day.
- The shoe has a cushioned foam for both the midsole and outsole
- This Nike Tanjun sneakers are designed to absorb shock whether you spend the whole day standing or walking
- The shoes are versatile as they can also be used for hiking and running
- They are very lightweight which means you won’t even feel as if you are wearing them
- Very breathable as they are nicely ventilated and also boast of a flexible midsole
- Available in various sizes and colors
- Because the material used is breathable, you can be sure that your feet will remain dry and cool throughout the day
- Perfect for preventing any ache pains as they provide all the support needed thanks to the amount of cushioning used in its construction
- The lace-up closure assist with a good fit regardless of whether you are standing in them, walking, hiking, or running
- Not as durable as other sneakers for standing all day in our review
Adidas Cloudfoam Sneakers
There’s no denying that the Adidas Cloudfoam sneakers are a great choice when it comes to running sneakers. However, they also double as excellent sneakers for people who need to be on their feet the whole day. Besides being breathable and lightweight, these shoes also come in various colors.
- Provide a significant amount of support thanks to the shoe’s midsole and outsole construction
- They are comfortable, stable, and supportive making them perfect if you need to do your job standing all-day
- They come in various colors and sizes allowing you to find them in a color that suits your taste
- These Adidas Cloudfoam sneakers are durable hence can be used as an everyday wear
- Forget being worn out when wearing these shoes as they are very lightweight
- The outsole is rubber made while the entire shoe is made from durable material which means you get all the protection you need
- They are quite affordable and are flexible
- They have a fit for both men and women
- You will be buying from a brand that is well known for designing some of the best sneakers for various needs
- They have a tight fit that may not work for everyone and are not water-resistant hence shouldn’t be worn on rainy days
ASICS Gel Nimbus 20
ASICs’ Gel Nimbus line is loved by many. In fact, it’s quite hard to find a Gel Nimbus shoe missing from most reviews focusing on sneakers for various types of sports. The Gel Nimbus 20 has various features that make it a must have for anyone keen on finding a shoe that they can use for standing all day.
- Excellent shoe for those with high arches considering that standing all day can lead to painful arches
- You will be buying from a line that is known to produce some of the best sneakers for athletes and non-athletes alike
- Can be used as a running shoe due to its versatile
- It has an amazing cushioning which makes it a good choice for standing all-day
- Offers a lot of toe space ensuring that you get maximum comfort for everyday use
- It’s a responsive shoe that offers amazing bounce back regardless of the distance you need to walk thanks to the FlyteFoam technology that’s incorporated
- Quite durable and also lightweight
- It’s available in various sizes and colors, and although affordable, the price is dependent on your size and preferred color
- It has an exoskeletal heel counter that helps enhance the support while providing your heel with a comfortable and fitting heel environment
- Depending on the shoe size they can be quite expensive
Saucony ST2 Walking Shoe
Now, if your job involves you walking around a lot asides standing, then the Saucony ST2 walking shoes are perfect for you. These shoes have been designed for walking, which makes them perfect for standing in all day as well.
- Unlike other shoes, these shoes from Saucony don’t need any breaking in making them comfortable and ready to go
- The sole and the heel are not as high as others hence offering you the required support
- The shoe features a heel Progrid that gives your feet the needed protection
- They are affordable
- The Saucony ST2 shoes are made from full-grain leather which makes them breathable
- Features excellent cushioning making them perfect for standing in all-day
- Because of the rubber and high-quality material used in the construction, you are guaranteed durability
- The shoe comes in a variety of sizes
- Offers excellent shock absorption and is a good choice for people with flat arches keeping you comfortable the entire day
- The outsole is made from durable non-marking rubber which makes it perfect for both indoor and outdoor use
- They are not as lightweight as other even though they won’t weigh you down and are available in only four different colors
Reebok Floatride Run 2.0 Sneakers
Reebok is another popular brand when it comes to the manufacture of sneakers. Being a successor to a previous model, the Floatride Run 2.0 has undergone various improvements to make it an excellent shoe choice for standing in all day.
- It has a high cushioning which blends well with its lightweight construction to provide a comfortable fit
- Although the shoes have been designed for long-distance running, the cushioning makes them excellent for being your feet the whole day
- The type of lacing featured on this pair of shoe provides a perfect fit for its wearer
- The shoes are attractive and have a beautiful design
- It has a molded sockliner which offers an outlined cushioning that hugs the arch nicely
- The shoe’s construction has an ergonomic heel cup that provides a fit that is secure
- Built using floatride foam that makes the shoe very responsive
- Provides quality traction thanks to the rubber outsole that is high-abrasion resistant
- The heel’s padding helps reduce any slip
- Because the shoe is feather-light, you are guaranteed of a stable and comfortable feel
- Available for both men and women
- Limited number of colors and sizes and also happens to be expensive
Altra Lone Peak Sneakers
Altra are known to design some of the best shoes for trail running. However, these shoes are versatile, which makes them an excellent pick for best sneakers for standing in all day. Besides the cushioning, the shoe’s outsole is also tough and sturdy for all-day standing. S
- Available in different sizes and five different colors that’ll get you noticed
- The shoe features a durable mesh upper that makes the shoe breathable leaving your feet cool and dry throughout the day
- Perfect shoes for the everyday hard worker
- Features an A-bound cushioning that helps spring you forward with every step you take
- This Altra Lone peak sneaker has a roomier forefoot fit thanks to the strap overlay that is flexible
- The carved lugs that are also multi-directional help reduce the shoe’s weight while improving traction
- Customer reviews have hailed this shoe for being amazingly comfortable
- Offers a great grip and fit
- Quite versatile as they are perfect for walking and hiking as well
- Has a footshape toe box that helps your toes spread out and relax naturally for more stability and comfort
- Perfect shoe for people with wide foot
- There have been complains about the quality of the shoe from some customers
Choosing a pair of sneakers for standing in all day is no easy task. That’s’ because a wrong shoe can not only leave you with ache and heel pains, but it can also lead to buyer’s remorse. When in search of a good pair of shoes, you need to ensure it provides comfort, stability, is a good fit, durability, and is also within your budget.
Various sneakers come in different colors. While you may prefer a colorful shoe, your workplace may be a more formal place; hence a colorful shoe may not be a good bet for you. If you don’t have the budget to buy various pairs of shoes, it’s important that you choose one that can easily be maintained, allowing you multiple wears within the week.
Anyone that has gone through a sprained ankle knows that is it important to have shoes that can prevent the occurrence of this. For a lot of us, sneakers have become our preferred go-to shoes, and nowadays, we find ourselves spending a big chunk of our time in sneakers as we find different ways to incorporate it into our wardrobe. Considering the popularity and frequency at which sneakers are worn, it is important that you are comfortable while wearing your desired sneaker and that it protects you from experiencing possible injuries.
Lower leg/ankle backing is extremely significant in footwear, especially for individuals who are on their feet for extensive stretches of time. Having the correct lower leg bolster will remove the pressure from the lower legs and different territories of the foot with the goal that you can stand and participate in other activities for longer durations throughout the day without compromising on your comfort. The numerous options of sneakers in the market have made it almost impossible to identify the best sneakers for ankle support. We’ve therefore curated a list of the sneakers that offer excellent ankle support to help you find the best sneaker for your needs.
Top Pick – ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Running Shoe
Asics are a household name when it comes to putting out high-quality shoes. Anyone looking to purchase a sneaker they can rely on for ample ankle support should consider the Gel Nimbus 18 running shoe from them. This is because it has one of the best cushioning systems you will come across in the market. The forefoot and rearfoot of the sneakers are fitted with a supportive gel that ensures you stay comfortable throughout. The supportive gel works to ensure body weight is distributed evenly along one’s foot for maximum comfort. Additionally, because of its rubber sole, you will benefit from shock absorption as the shock from your ankles is alleviated almost instantly.
The Gel Nimbus 18 is perfect for running and long walks, so as soon as you begin your workout, you know that your ankles are getting the best support possible. There is also a women’s version of the shoes, so the ladies won’t be missing out on the comfort.
- It incorporates Asics fluid fit tech, which ensures that the sneaker fits like a glove.
- The sneaker is extremely durable, thanks to the materials used in its construction.
- The sneaker has bounce-back tech, and it is also quite breathable.
- The insole has an extra cushioning.
- Several customers have complained that the inner fabric of the shoes that covers its hard ankle plastics wears out too quickly, resulting in blisters.
Easy Spirit Women’s Romy Sneaker
Available in several different colors, the Romy sneaker by easy spirit is yet another great sneaker for those looking to get the best ankle support. This sneaker is extremely durable as it is made out of genuine 100% leather and a rubber sole. It was one of the sneakers that held up quite well over the duration of our research. The rubber sole of the sneaker offers great traction and flexibility, making it ideal for indulging in various athletic activities such as hiking, running as well as other sports. The Romy sneaker has a padded collar, which ensures that when it is worn over a duration of time, friction is kept at a bare minimum, thus providing maximum comfort for the consumer.
Finally, it also has a cushioned sock liner which offers extra padding that ensures even distribution of pressure along the foot by minimizing additional stress off other parts of the foot.
- The shoe is extremely durable, thanks to the materials used to construct it.
- It does not have the boring “workout” sneaker design but rather a casual design that can be worn at anytime and not just during workouts.
- It includes a padded collar to minimize friction.
- It is available in several different colors.
- The comfort of the shoes is unmatched thanks to the extra padded sock liner.
- The ankle support on this shoe is rated as medium, meaning it is not ideal for individuals who may suffer from ankle or heel problems.
Under Armour Men’s Spawn Mid Basketball Sneaker
Under Armour’s Spawn sneaker is precisely what anyone looking for an ankle supporting sneaker should acquire. Particularly if you are a basketball player, then you will appreciate this shoe as it provides an added amount of support to ensure that all lateral movements while on the court are covered. The Under Armour Spawn sneaker is comfortable, practical and extremely effective as far as offering support goes. The shoe features an anatomical design and is made using synthetic and textile layers for multi-layer support. It also has a rubber sole, die cut sock liner, and midsoles made using Micro G foam. The detailing of this sneaker ensures that your comfort is not compromised at anytime, either during takeoff or landing.
- It is breathable thanks to its exposed upper mesh.
- Available in different colors, so depending on what tickles your fancy, there is something for you.
- They are extremely comfortable especially if they are being used for what they were intended for, i.e., basketball
- The shoes are slightly heavier than most sneakers.
New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v6 Running Shoe
Now, if you are big on running and jogging, then look no further than the Fresh Foam 1080v6 sneaker by new balance. This is because it offers optimum support and is particularly ideal for people who have either had a previous injury or have unstable ankles. The sneaker features a cushioned inside and a firmer outside of its midsole. Its underfoot consists of a fresh foam, which is ideal for the neutral cushioning that is necessary when running. Because of its design, your take-offs will be bouncy and your landings much smoother in comparison to other sneakers that are available in the market. Its soles are made from rubber, which just elevates the comfort that is offered by the internal booties that hug one’s foot perfectly for unrivaled comfort. Clocking serious mileage with this shoe is a walk in the park as it is durable, and has excellent airflow. The lady’s version of the shoe is also available as new balance took the time to facilitate this.
- It is lightweight, making it easy to engage in physical activities such as running.
- It is extremely breathable.
- It is available in several colors, and there is also a women’s version of the shoe.
- The shoe is neutral and does not promote or prevent supination.
- It is relatively expensive.
- Several users have complained that the plastic on the outside of the shoe occasionally makes it uncomfortable to wear.
Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe
Made from full grain leather, the Progrid Integrity ST2 sneaker by Saucony is yet another shoes that offer great ankle support. This sneaker was intended for heavy activities and features a rubber sole, padded tongue collar, walk-trac outsole, amongst other things. It is a sneaker that provides a decent amount of traction, which ensures that the wearer does not slip while engaging in different activities. It also has a rubber sole, which is made using an innovative technology that leaves no marks on the floor when the shoe is worn. The Progrid Integrity ST2 sneaker is a low rise sneaker that will facilitate the wearer’s full range of motion, all while not compromising their support.
- It is available in several neutral color options.
- It is made out of leather, meaning that it is extremely durable.
- The bottom of the shoe has an anti-slip grip to prevent accidents from happening.
- It has a curve at the bottom of the shoe that is supposed to better one’s form while they walk.
- The insoles of the sneakers are extremely thin and flimsy.
When engaging in different outdoor activities or even if it is just for casual wear, it is significant to always have a sneaker that is comfortable. This is because, in the event that the sneaker does not provide the comfort that is should, at that point, all the advantages it gives will be futile. Having a tennis shoe that gives the correct kind of ankle backing can go far in improving your life as well as state of being. It is, therefore, crucial that you ensure you realize what sort of ankle backing/ support works best for you. When choosing a sneaker for ankle support, the key elements that you need to pay attention to include; its traction, fit, stability, and degree of support. This will allow that you get the right sneaker that will promote your comfort and ensure that you avoid acquiring a new injury or aggravating an existing one. All the sneakers we have discussed in the article above meet different degrees on all the required elements, and we certainly hope that you will find one that is just right for you. Remember, sneakers for ankle support are not created equally, however, if you come across a sneaker that has the correct kind of ankle backing for you, there can be numerous benefits that come with it.
There are only a few sneakers that have earned the title of style icons. While you have the Jordans and the Chuck Taylors, very few shoes can match the instant recognizability and longevity of the Adidas Superstar.
Believe it or not, the Superstar has been around for a while before the pioneer hip-hop group RUN DMC decided to make a song about it. In fact, as with most sneakers that have stood the test of time, the origin of the superstar is inextricably linked to the sport of basketball. It was an outcome of Adidas’ effort to make a low-top version of their basketball shoe.
Like with every other enduring design choices, the Superstar has a timeless quality to it. Similar to the simplicity of the Chucks and the coolness of Aviator sunglasses, these shoes never fail to stand out and make an impression. By now, you are probably familiar with its features: thin leather tongue and the signature rubber shell-toe.
It has undergone countless iterations while keeping its core elements intact. Needless to say, this is a shoe that has stood the test of time.
By now, we are all probably familiar with the Yeezy. Even non-sneaker enthusiasts are aware of what it is. In the past decade since its release, the Yeezy has become another notable sneaker that has taken center stage in pop culture. That said, we thought it might be worth looking at.
For those unaware, the Yeezy was borne out of a collaboration between Adidas and Kanye West. Perhaps one of the most iconic musicians of this generation, Kanye was deemed worthy to have a shoe made for him. Hence, the first Yeezy came out in 2009.
For a while, the response to this partnership was negligible. However, by 2015, the release of the 350 series changed all that. After that, there was no turning back as the hype train got off the station at full speed.
There is no denying that the Yeezy’s design made it stand out. Sporting a PRIMEKNIT construction, it provides its wearer the comfort and stability they need. It is also worth noting that the shoe sports the brand’s iconic stripes in a jagged design across its sides, making it truly unique.
While time will ultimately be the judge of the Yeezy’s longevity, it seems this shoe is determined to make its mark in the history books.